Dancers are obviously pros at dressing up and embodying different personas, so it comes as no surprise that they take Halloween very seriously. Here are five of our favorite costumes, in no particular order:
- Rubén Martín Cintas, San Francisco Ballet School faculty member, dressed as Abraham Lincoln.
Thank you DC and @sfballet for a successful tour! Channeling Abraham Lincoln on this Halloween ? #sfballet #halloween #Cinderella #abrahamlincoln #elections #ballet #sfballettakesDC #backstage #costume
A photo posted by Ruben Martin (@rubenmartincintas) on
2. American Ballet Theatre principal James Whiteside, as a very convincing Natalia Makarova.
A photo posted by James Whiteside (@jamesbwhiteside) on
3. San Francisco Ballet corps member Miranda Silveira as Grace Jones.
A photo posted by MirandaSilveira (@miranza_s) on
4. American Ballet Theatre corps member Erica Lall going all-out as Aunt Viv from "Fresh Prince of Bel Air."
5. Pacific Northwest Ballet dancers Elle Macy and Dylan Wald as Hercules and Meg from Disney's Hercules
A photo posted by Elle Macy (@ellemacy) on
6. Bonus! The Professional Division students from Pacific Northwest Ballet School are impeccable as the cast of Michael Jackson's "Thriller" music video—with a little less fake blood.
A video posted by Pacific Northwest Ballet (@pacificnorthwestballet) on